Thursday, August 11, 2005

Missing the Point

It's been suggested that I'm blogging about this goofy, nonpersonal stuff to avoid dealing with the real issue: my weight. The fact that I haven't run since Saturday's race is pointed to as further proof that I'm finding busy work rather than working out.

"You should write about your personal struggle to lose weight," a female friend suggests.

Hey, this ain't Cosmo or Redbook. Guys don't "share" their personal struggles. We do important stuff like tracking the NHL trades and seeing who's on The Daily Show tonight (Andre from OutKast). We check email. Oh yeah, and work. Gosh, some people just miss the point. (DWG Weight: 234 lbs.)

1 comment:

Ubermilf said...

Sweetie, you don't have to write about your "personal struggle." I am very happy reading this blog, and encouraged.

I'm lucky to be a woman, specifically, an hour-glass shaped woman. I do have some pounds to lose, but they are portioned out in a more pleasing manner than some people.

My "struggle" is internal. I seriously feel addicted to food. But the more down I get, the worse my food choices get.

Finding this blog, that blends humor and intelligence with facing a problem, honestly lifts my spirits to the point I want to try again.

Thank you. I linked to you. And I seriously love the Dough Boy. I have a rubbermaid container filled with Doughboy stuff. I linked to you, too!